Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stuff and fluff

Hello my friends,
I've been keeping myself distracted making some more stuffies... 
These two guys went to my friends' girls as a 'thank you' because the girls helped me by choosing the fabrics for previous stuffies I've made (I got the idea from here ) ... 
Meet Dotty and Fluff (the girls named them)



Another friend's kids and her neighbor's kids put in a request for platypus as well... I'm not liking these guys as much though. I changed it up so that the tail was a different pattern because it made more sense to me but ... I think they look my platypus-like the other way...






I've also made these little chickees which I found online. My computer crashed before I could bookmark and save the URL but as soon as I find it again, I'll update this. These went to a local drs office:



My friend's kids/neighbors kids also requested some chicks so I'll be making more of these too.

One of the kids is a bit shy and he wasn't around to put in a request. A sweet pre-teen demi-nerd after my own heart, I decided to try to appease his nerdy soul and let him know it's okay to be different so I made him this:


In case it's not evident ... it's Yoda. From Star Wars.  Apparently after a stroke or a dog chewing him up.... As my friend Stu reminded me: when 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, eh? 

He needs his robe which I've never made so he's not done and ... I'm a little worried about that last bit but we'll see!! 
Honestly, he wasn't so lopsided before he went under the needle! 

I didn't use a pattern, I just used google images and made an amalgamation of a bunch of different toys and screen prints that I saw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment