Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ad me too (2)

Hello my lovelies,

In my last post Ad Me I whined on and on about my most hated current commercials on tv.


Now you may be wondering what makes this crankybitch happy?? ANYTHING?? 
I love Scrubbing Bubbles and Planters Peanuts. 
When I was little, my Poppy worked at a distribution center and he would bring home lots of swag for us kids and my brand loyalty now as an adult is based on those childhood memories of the things my Poppy would bring home to us. 
Among my favorite things were big (to me) Scrubbing Bubbles bath towels, a hibachi in the shape of the Planters Peanut jar, and coolest of all cool... brace yourself ... a La Choy RICKSHAW
Oh yeah. You heard me. A rickshaw! 

RICKSHAW!!


Poppy also would have an assortment of goodies he kept on the front porch, a favorite of which included York Peppermint Patties. Aaaaaahhhh YUM! To this day- it's my all time favorite candy bar that I will only have on special occasions. I loved sitting on the porch hidden behind boxes and quietly munching on a Peppermint Patty.

He would also bring home store displays and various give-away items. I once had an inflatable donkey or horse from a brand long forgotten (my mother I think has a photo of it, I'll have to dig it up to remind myself). We also had chalk boards with classic cartoons on them like Mighty Mouse and we'd sit on the porch and scribble in chalk on them for hours. Great times back then... before video games and non stop television :)

Now, I'm not suggesting that targeting children is the way to go as far as advertisements are concerned because that's really not the case here at all. My favorite brands are the brands I grew up with and of which I have fond family memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment