Monday, August 15, 2011

Art Deco oh no no!

Hello my lovelies,

I wanted to share with you today the... Actually I really don't know how to classify this. It's almost like an armoire (yes blogger, that is a word so please stop underlining it in red!!) or a chest or what because... well I just am not hip with the terms! FFNL (first floor neighbor lady) had found this and put it on the back porch and has since decided she didn't want it/need it so she offered it to me and ... never one to pass up on a great piece, I took her up on this little treasure!



I apologize for the crummy photo but I took it on the back porch and there wasn't a lot of room to move to get a good angle/shot of it. It has 4 drawers and then when you open the door on the left hand side, it's an open space such as to hang things from. I'm excited to get this and am trying to figure out what I want to do with it. It's very art-deco in style and I'm considering painting it white. The veneer is peeling away at the top. I'm not yet sure if I'll just secure it back down or if I'll try to remove it. It's a rather large piece (stands about 5 feet) and I love the inlaid details so I'm a little reluctant to paint it but it's also a very dated look.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how to finish this piece, I'd love to hear it! :)



I'm linking up to the lovely Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures  link party! Please check out her blog because it's fantastic!



1 comment:

  1. I just had to edit this post 4 times because of the amount of times I unintentionally typed 'lovely'. And this ... is why I shall never go 'pro'!

    ReplyDelete